Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Proximity77

Calling mac nerds.

So, make a long story short I hate macs. My old lady wants hers wiped so we can sell it. So... I wiped it, but it wont install the new OS to it. Here are the specs, what do.

MacBook    - Air 11-Inch (Early 2015)
Processor  - 1.6 Ghz Dual-Core Inten Core i5
Memory     - 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 (121 GB)
Graphics   - Intel HD Graphics 6000 1536 MB  (1366 x 768)

Model        - a1465

This is your MacBook Air (11-inch, Early 2015) - Technical Specifications.

Here's all the info I could gather from the internet without knowing your actual problem and guessing that you are trying to jump upgrade eg. from Yosemite to Monterey.

Back up your data, check your applications for compatibility, and click on El Capitan, High Sierra, Mojave, Catalina, Big Sur, and finally Monterey. They're full-version upgrades and won't appear in the Updates list.

If the App Store says Open then it's detecting a previous download of the installation app.

• Go to the Applications folder and locate Install macOS xxxxxx.app.
  • Move it to the Trash, empty the Trash.
  • Restart.
  • Click on the link again. The App Store should now say Get or Download.

If you are considering upgrading to Catalina, Big Sur or Monterey be warned they do not support 32bit apps. Your Macbook Air is probably running 32bit apps and these will need to be updated to 64bit apps,some updates may be free, some may be paid.

Only way to fix a max is to buy a PC. 

JayJay nvts.jpg

Author of the topic Posted
On 8/8/2022 at 10:27 PM, G4b1tz-nVts- said:

This is your MacBook Air (11-inch, Early 2015) - Technical Specifications.

Here's all the info I could gather from the internet without knowing your actual problem and guessing that you are trying to jump upgrade eg. from Yosemite to Monterey.

Back up your data, check your applications for compatibility, and click on El Capitan, High Sierra, Mojave, Catalina, Big Sur, and finally Monterey. They're full-version upgrades and won't appear in the Updates list.

If the App Store says Open then it's detecting a previous download of the installation app.

• Go to the Applications folder and locate Install macOS xxxxxx.app.
  • Move it to the Trash, empty the Trash.
  • Restart.
  • Click on the link again. The App Store should now say Get or Download.

If you are considering upgrading to Catalina, Big Sur or Monterey be warned they do not support 32bit apps. Your Macbook Air is probably running 32bit apps and these will need to be updated to 64bit apps,some updates may be free, some may be paid.

Sadly I have done all of this prior to making the post, just gives me some dumb error saying to contact my support lol.

On 8/8/2022 at 10:50 PM, JayJay-nVts- said:

Only way to fix a max is to buy a PC. 

This is the real truth.