CoD4 Spawn Protection?  

6 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Should spawn protection be disabled on nVts CoD4 servers?

• Yes - disable it.
    • No - leave it as it is.
    • No - leave it enabled but with changes (please comment with suggested changes).

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/21/2022 at 10:59 PM

The spawn protection was added to help reduce spawn killing from other players and getting hit multiple times from the same airstrike. The current two seconds is just long enough to prevent being hit multiple times in the same airstrike and start running away from a spawn point however, I agree its annoying waiting for a weapon to come up or having to cock the weapon before you can use it during which time you get killed again.

The configuration can be changed to remove it, tweak it or we just leave it as is.

nVts Director

HPC Systems Engineer by day, Linux Engineer the rest of the time.

1_el4nHcOQdfHxzzcTC99jDw.png

I feel the only suggested option I and everyone else wants is to keep the spawn protection, we like that. Just to remove the wait period on being able to get your gun after spawning. If you could spawn with gun in hand but still have that 2 seconds of spawn protection that would be great. That could help with being spawn killed/spawn trapped.

45 minutes ago, ThatOneGuysMilk said:

I feel the only suggested option I and everyone else wants is to keep the spawn protection, we like that. Just to remove the wait period on being able to get your gun after spawning. If you could spawn with gun in hand but still have that 2 seconds of spawn protection that would be great. That could help with being spawn killed/spawn trapped.

The only concern I have on that is if we are standing in spawn with the spawn protection pre-aiming at people.

1 hour ago, Ven said:

The only concern I have on that is if we are standing in spawn with the spawn protection pre-aiming at people.

The second you basically move the gun you would be uncloaked anyway. 

During spawn protection, If I want to get moving right away, I just hit fire button on mouse. That cancels the SP instantly and I'm able to duck and run, plus I'm able to fire right away.