All useful tutorials will be migrated from our old website to here. New tutorials will be added over time.
Ever wondered how FPS affects your gameplay? This guide will explain you all details.
Here are some things you may didn't know about fps.
We've 4 walls of different heights: 140, 200, 300 and 350 units.
Results: (firstly the fps value, in brackets the wall's height and finally the damage of falling)
Ordering FPS from the useful to the useless:
333, 250, 125, 110, 76, 71 (similiar values: 34,42,52,55), 100 (similiar values: 10,17,20-23,25,36,40,41,50,67 and 200), 15 (similiar values: 24, 31,32,37,38,45,48,63), 59 (weird value), 91,83 (similiar values: 166), 142. 500 FPS is the highest (your character get the biggest damage from falling ).
Now we want to find a formula which combines ms and fps. For example: we need a script which allows our character to move forward for 30ms, but depending by the fps value he will move to different distances. As well as with 333 fps and 30ms our character moves just for 3 units, with 125 fps he will moves 20 units!
Here we have the maximum distance you can reach running silently:
Moving forward (maximum speed 190 units par second) :
Moving right or left (max. 152 units/sec)
Moving backward (133 units/sec) :
Moving forward (180 units/sec)
Moving left or right (144 units/sec)
Moving backward (126 units/sec) :
Moving forward (166 units/sec) :
Moving left or right (133 units/sec) :
Moving backward(166 units/sec ):
It may be complicate to understand. Here's the explanation: 142 fps - 44 (43 silent) 116 - it means that with 142 fps and the value of time based on the 116ms' script your character moves to 43 units without any noise - and makes noise starting from the 44th unit.
Sometimes (if you're lucky) the 'silent' time is the same as the 'noise' time.
Doubt remains about 333 FPS: maybe the 'silent' time is higher than the stamina. Except for the assault class, which makes noise if moving backward
Want to remove the full bright blue ring when you shoot?
How to install and update COD4x
CoD4 1.7 Patch • NoVa Veterans Gaming
CoD4x 19.0 patch • NoVa Veterans Gaming
CoD4x 20.6 patch 20.6 • NoVa Veterans Gaming
CoD4x 21.1 patch • NoVa Veterans Gaming
If you have CoD4 1.7 version:
1. Download CoD4x Patch via link above.
2. Extract the downloaded zip archive to your CoD4 root folder.
3. Open the root CoD4 folder and navigate to cod4x patch folder and run as administrator file "install.cmd" - this will install 1.8 Patch
If you have STEAM version of CoD4
1. Download proper iw3mp.exe file via link below
2. Replace your old iw3mp.exe file in CoD4 root folder with the downloaded iw3mp.exe
3. Download CoD4x Patch via link above.
4. Extract the downloaded zip archive to your CoD4 root folder.
5. Open the root CoD4 folder and run as administrator file "install.cmd" - this will install 1.8 Patch
If you get kicked from a server for PB violations:
1. Download PB folder via link above.
2. Delete your old PB folder in root CoD4 directory and paste the downloaded folder instead.
3. Navigate to PunkBuster folder - CoD4/pb and run "pbsvc.exe" as administrator and follow the steps.
4. Restart your computer for successfully loading PB services
If you can not find your config:
1. navigate to %LOCALAPPDATA%\CallofDuty4MW\players\ - just copy & paste this line to file explorer
2. or follow this path: C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Local\CallofDuty4MW\players